Chicken Wings are a killer starter snack at any braai
I have loved good wings since my first wing experience at a Hooters in Florida back in ’98, and everyone has a great wings recipe and I have tried many. Nowadays, I am into letting them soak in a great beer and let them absorb all that beer goodness. I am going to share my current favourite with you, using a Loadshed Lager because it is naturally primed with fynbos honey and I give a little bit of a bite with some chilli & peppadews.
- 18 – 24 Chicken Wings (Seasoned with a bit of Salt & Pepper)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp German Mustard (Hot or Mild is fine, English Mustard may not be the right mustard for this one)
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 Peppadews Chopped finely
- 1.5 Cups Loadshed Lager (Leaves just a little entjie for you to enjoy for all your hard prep work)
- There is no hard work here, set the wings aside in a 2-litre ice cream tub (We all have at least one in the cupboard)
- Take all the other ingredients and mix them up together to make our marinade
- Pour the marinade over the wings in the tub, close the lid and leave for at least two hours before cooking, shaking it around in intervals (just to make sure all the wings get the pleasure of soaking in our marinade).
- When we braaing our wings make sure to baste frequently and making sure you get all the goodness from the bottom on all occasions.
- Braai till the skin is nice and crispy and the meat falls off the bone.
Let us know on our Facebook page how yours turn out, we are always keen to see a pic of Braai, Beer en Vleis
– Woodrow –